Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Project Management department at our Aberdeen Quick Response Centre (QRC) to lead and manage orders through the strip, overhaul, repair and upgrade process, management of parts and service deliverables.
The Project Managers are responsible for the timely execution of projects through the QRC. Projects generally consisting of inspection and diagnosis, engineering consultation, manufacture, repair and upgrade opportunities. As the project manager you will lead and manage these projects.
This role is the link between the customer and the internal organisation, and will translate and deliver according customer expectations in all aspects such as quality, scope of supply, warranty handling and customer satisfaction.
The position is based within the Aberdeen QRC where the Project Manager will be working as part of the overall, Project Management, Production and Engineering team.
Working closely with the “sister” Newcastle QRC, the Project Manager may be required to manage projects remotely at this and our Newark QRC
Amongst other key functions, the Project Manager is there to:
· Support efforts to meet safety targets and maintain zero lost time injury status
· Ensure proper entry of clear, well defined, correctly priced and technically acceptable orders into administration, engineering and manufacturing systems through kick off meeting with disciplines involved and prior involvement in the final stages of the selling process
· Ensure contractual deliverables are met and issue cost adders for anything that is outside of the original scope of supply
· Co-ordination of correct order handling, including software requirements by customers
· Maintain relations with customer's purchasing, expediting, engineering and inspection personnel to set a good and proper company image to the customer
· Present timely, accurate invoicing, both on products shipped and according deferred payment schedules and to assist in timely collection of money
· Maintain existing and assist to develop new systems related to status and progress reporting of orders within the plant for financial data and for providing to customers
· Liaise with purchasing, engineering, manufacturing and production control to obtain status information and co-ordinate information flow in both directions between the customer and the company, as well as their suppliers where applicable
· Focus on the safe and efficient use of people, equipment, materials and controls to the best possible advantage
· Ensure on-time delivery performance
· Ensure margin and cash flow enhancement through budget control, correct invoicing and on time payment by customers
· Participate in improvement programs, such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing etc
To be successful in this role you will need:
Significant, demonstrable experience of managing engineering projects, ideally within a rotating equipment environment.
A solid understanding of mechanical engineering, either by academic background, or through on the job experience.
Knowledge of pumping equipment and associated equipment and systems will be desirable
Project Administration skills – maintain cost and delivery schedules, technical info, contract info
Commercial knowledge of international trading, shipping, monetary transactions, schedule and cost control techniques
Knowledge of Six Sigma.
Knowledge of the design process and able to read design drawings
Excellent I.T. skills, specifically Excel, Word and MS Project
Excellent communication skills.
Ability to be flexible on working location and times
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.