Flowserve Corporation Manager, Engineering in Bengaluru, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Focus to build competent engineers in Computational Analysis and guide them to meet and exceed their performance metrics to support Flowserve organization
· Provide guidelines to the team of Analytical Engineers in the level up to Supervisors and individual contributors in GTEC (Global Technology and Engineering Centre) and manage them effectively to achieve business targets
· Should have strong collaboration with global business units engineering leaders; understand their needs and expectations, drive the GTEC team to achieve these business targets
· Support GTEC leadership to drive the performance culture with in their team and extend the mentoring process to the team associates
· Manage the team to lead by example and inspire them to grow in Flowserve with strong engineering and technical capabilities
· The position is for working from Bengaluru. Incumbent should be willing to travel and stay for short periods at any place as the work demands
Instruct, direct, motivate and monitor the performance of all team members
Management of all engineering and supporting activities for the global business units and make sure the technical fulfilment and engineering projects are met to ensure timely handover to BU operations. Develop and improve collaboration with customer’s / business unit leaders.
Support Annual Operation Planning (AOP) process by representing the department / team requirements and Manage the budget
Collaborate with HR and leadership team to ensure employee engagement, retention, rewarding, training, recruitment etc.,
Proactively get the annual forecast year on year from global business units from all functional area of support and liaise with resource planning to ensure to meet requirements
Provide support to other departments /team on engineering problems, resource constraints to handle projects, peak load etc., by driving flexible resource capabilities within the team.
Prepare monthly performance reports as required and conduct monthly review of all non-conformance reports and errors to identify trends and problems associated with specified product/ process range, identify the training opportunity and drive the same
Participate and actively support Flowserve initiatives and adhere company policies and procedure
Familiar with the environmental aspects and impacts of the activities and processes involved in the role and the procedures, practices and measures to manage the impact.
Familiar with the risks and hazards within the activities and processes of the role and procedures, practices and measures in place to mitigate the risks
Collaborate with peer group to identify and consistently implement best practices
Define the performance expectations and communicate to team members clearly, articulate /clarify the criteria for success.
· Communication and Soft skills, Negotiating, Influencing and persuasion skills
· Skills for preparing and presenting Documents, Reports and Presentations
· Business acumen, Relationship management, Staff management & Customer service skills
· Leadership & Organisation skills to drive Change management & Cultural awareness,
· self-initiating, Self-motivation and motivating skills
· Flexibility and ability to adapt to change
· Multi task execution and management capability
· Engineering decision making capability
· New Innovative ideas for Problem solving/ VAVE / DtV with analytical skills
· Attention to detail
· Timely responsiveness to internal and external customers
· Understand and Plan Training requirements for the team
· Resource / Capacity / Load management skills to meet the demand
· Recruiting, retention and employee engagement skills
· Ability to work within the budget allocation
· Attention for Safety in own work and guide the team for safety
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical/Aero engineering with >15 years experience in Rotating Fluid/ Thermal machinery computational design and analysis. In case of candidates with additional master’s degree in the >12 experience would be acceptable. However the Masters should be in Rotating Fluid/ Thermal machinery computational design and analysis. Excellent knowledge of Pumps, Valves and Seals, industry practices and standards for Mechanical design.
· Experience of managing large and complex departments and matrix organization, with Annual Budget
knowledge on CAD, general computer skills, CAE (FEA, CFD and RDA) tools
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.