Flowserve Corporation CNC Machinist Second Shift in Benicia, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for a CNC machinist to program and operate a new Mazak lathe, 5-axis mill, and 4-axis mill to machine stainless steel parts and components used in the assembly of close tolerance mechanical seals. We have a strong focus on quality workmanship. The machinist will verify the quality of finished work with precision measurement tools and will meet quality and productivity metrics. We work as a team, and the machinist will collaborate with engineers, CNC programmers, and other machinists to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions. This is a second shift, 2:15pm to 10:45pm, M-F. $1000 hiring bonus!
· Set up jobs and operate jobs on machine
· Identify tooling and fixture requirements in advance of job set up.
· Verify the quality of finished work using precision measurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specifications and workmanship.
· Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, and scrap/rework.
· Clean and maintain machines and tools, and keep an organized workspace.
· Actively participate in the maintenance and troubleshooting of the CNC equipment.
· Record accurate, timely data on computer-based systems.
· Know all cell flow concepts and put them into practice. Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and parts through the manufacturing process.
· Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solve problems relating to repairs and equipment. Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to status and discuss work-in-progress.
· Able to work a second shift position with additional overtime as required
· Over 2 years of experience operating and programming a Mazak CNC lathe or mill
· Expertise in machining 300-series stainless steel and other materials such as Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, iron nickel and high chrome alloys.
· Experience with Mazak control language and a solid understanding of Espirit or similar programming software desired.
· Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, including micrometers, dial indicators, depth gauges, CMM machines, optical comparators, and bar gauges.
· Familiarity with G & M codes; working knowledge of machine tooling and processing
· Strong blueprint reading skills
· Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to assess and explain quality concerns.
· Be able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures in order.
· Must have an eye for detail, so as to check drawings, part numbers, and materials, and to correctly complete routers and other paperwork.
· Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional attitude and a service-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able to work overtime and weekends as required.
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds.
· High School diploma or equivalent. Must be able to complete math problems quickly and accurately.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: CNC Machinist Second Shift
Primary Posting Location: Benicia, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 45291BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.