Flowserve Corporation Design Drafter Mechanical Seals in Benicia, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking an AutoCAD Design Drafter to accurately prepare technical drawings and related documentation (BOMs for assembly drawings, proposal drawings, repair kits, part codes, etc.) for mechanical seals and rotating equipment, and to provide technical solutions for seal designs to resolve operational issues. Duties include:
· Create, update, and maintain drawings in AutoCAD (2D and 3D) software, adhering to Flowserve Engineering Standards and common design best practices.
· Check each design for compliance to job specifications; design form, fit, and function; safety in assembly, maintenance and operation; method and ease of manufacture; method and ease of assembly and appropriate materials of construction.
· Deliver clear and complete drawings, analysis reports, documentation, and parts list, as per the deliverables of the assignment, ensuring on-time delivery and quality.
· Support Flowserve’s “72-Hours Turnaround” initiative by meeting deadlines for supplying drawings to customers and Manufacturing.
· Support pump upgrade jobs by providing required seals designs. Collaborate with pump engineers to ensure a technically sound solution and execution.
· Apply knowledge of our products, drawing tools, and drawing systems so as to contribute fully to daily operations and the resolution of technical issues in the aftermarket repair center.
· Support Customer Service, Purchasing, and Manufacturing as required, related to seal design issues and the non-conformance process.
· Respond to our engineers in the field to troubleshoot operational issues at our customers’ sites, including new installations and repairs.
· Maintain safety awareness per Flowserve safety policies and environment. Apply and promote safety into the design of products.
· Support Flowserve’s Continuous Improvement culture by assessing effectiveness of working practices and systems with a view to continuously improving systems, personal and team performance.
· Solid knowledge of mechanical seal design and materials (API Plans and other operational requirements of rotating equipment desired)
· A.S. in Industrial Design or Engineering Graphics; or a minimum of 3 years relevant drafting experience.
· Proficiency in AutoCAD (2D and 3D) computer software
· Knowledge of international standards such as ISO, ASME and HI, desirable.
· Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
· Ability to work without close supervision and accomplish assignments to high quality on time.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software required. (Familiarity with Flowserve Imager, EIS, PRMS is a plus).
· Ability to interpret technical drawings is highly preferred
· Detail oriented with a focus on first-time quality, able to check drawings
· Able to collaborate and problem-solve with others in a team setting
· Able to meet metrics for productivity and meet deadlines on a high volume of tasks
· Organized, detail oriented and good problem-solving skills required to meet customer’s demands.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Design Drafter Mechanical Seals
Primary Posting Location: Benicia, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 46678BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.