Flowserve Corporation Production Supervisor in Castlemaine, Australia
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
Provide leadership and direction to the machine shop. Oversee production to meet safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives. Reduce cost of poor quality by fostering an environment of accountability and pride in workmanship. Participate in and maintain improvement projects to enhance safety, improve quality, reduce the cost of non-conformance, adopt lean principles and processes, and promote customer satisfaction (internal and external).
Directly Supervise the Castlemaine Machine Shop team to manufacture a quality product on time at a competitive cost as well as continually improving the machining operation to better serve our industrial, intercompany, agency and third party customers
Plan and monitor the activities of the machine shop in conjunction with key manufacturing strategies to assure short term and long term production goals are maintained
Working in conjunction with Production Planning and Engineering teams, has input to and advises best options
for machining decisions (internal vs external sourced) balancing resource capacity with quick response internal machining needs – QRC, PARTS, OE. Always need capacity to respond to emergency orders
- Collaborating with Supply Chain team, contacts and as appropriate visits machine shop vendors for the purpose of:
· Discussing and supplying gauging and special tooling needed in the manufacture of Flowserve equipment
· Supporting machining suppliers with drawing interpretation and machining methodologies
· In conjunction with the Buyer, prioritizing and expediting jobs
· In conjunction with the Buyer, advises changes to machining plans where appropriate
Focus on critical performance KPI’s – OTD, Labour Productivity, Cycle time Improvement, Quality inclusive of first pass yield performance
Collaborates with QRC Supervisor, OE Supervisor and Spare Parts Coordinator to ensure machining prioritization is appropriate, matching supply to demand by manipulating resources
Assists as required in the development of capital requirements for machine shop processes
Operate within approved budgets
In conjunction with the Operations Manager assists in the development of Production Plans and Schedules
In conjunction with Operations Manager develops staffing plans and utilization programs to satisfy actual and projected manufacturing requirements including scheduling overtime and use of temporary staffing
Initiate cross training and initial training programs that encompass all aspects of the manufacturing functions to expand and improve coverage and personnel qualifications
· Certificate 3 Mechanical Engineering
· 3-5 years or more experience in Manufacturing Operations
· Ability to read and interpret a wide variety of complex shop instructions
· Ability to creatively solve a wide variety of complex problems through to resolution
· Strong leadership and management skills
· Associates/Bachelor’s degree preferred. Effectively motivate, manage and lead a diverse staff.
· Establish and maintain open lines of communications with management and production associates as well as customers and executive level associates.
· Analyze data and make decisions or recommendations.
· Plan and organize all tasks effectively. 3-5 years of experience in Production Scheduling
· Creatively solve a wide variety of challenging production and maintenance issues while maintaining composure and exemplary leadership qualities.
· Handle work accurately and swiftly while under extremely tight time constraints.
· Constantly challenge the status quo and revamp and revitalize manufacturing processes.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Production Supervisor
Primary Posting Location: Castlemaine, Australia
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 47995BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.