Flowserve Corporation Assistant Engineer - Design in Chennai, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Produces working drawings from layouts orsketches, using standard drawing procedures.
· Prepares and maintains detailed design drawings,schematics or specifications using CAD software.
· Generate 2D detaildrawings, 3D models of Valves/Seals using CAD tools.
· Prepares parts lists and material schedules, and allocatessubsidiary drawing reference numbers for sub-assemblies.
· Ensures dimensional suitability by using knownstandards and allocates necessary tolerances
· Provide support to engineering team as needed bycreating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizingmultiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
· Diploma in Mechanical/Production Engineering with 3
years of drafting experience in Pump/Valves/Seals
or related industry.
· Hands on experience on 2D and 3D CAD tools
(AutoCAD mechanical / Autodesk Inventor/ PTC Creo/ SolidWorks)
· Experience in creating Valve drawings for manufacturing product,
technical manuals and publications
· Should be familiar with manufacturing processes and
working knowledge on patterns, castings, welding and machining processes.
· Good engineering, business, verbal and written
· Ability to handle frequent change in priorities and handling
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills including general Microsoft
applications and e-mail.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Assistant Engineer - Design
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Primary Posting Location: Chennai, India
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Auto req ID: 46065BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.