Flowserve Corporation Engineer in Chennai, India
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
· Produces working drawings from layouts orsketches, using standard drawing procedures.
· Collect initial drawings, calculations anddesign ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent andcomplete initial design models for review and modification
· Prepares and maintains detailed designdrawings, schematics or specifications using CAD software.
· Generate 2D detail drawings, 3D models,assemblies of Pump/Valves/Seals components using CAD software.
· Prepares parts lists and materialschedules, and allocates subsidiary drawing reference numbers forsub-assemblies.
· Ensures dimensional suitability by usingknown standards and allocates necessary tolerances
· Create GAD, drawings of Pump/Valves/Sealsassemblies /sectional layouts and manufacturing (Casting, Fabrication/ Weldmentand Machining) drawings by following established engineering standards andprocedures for product design to produce consistent and reliable results.
· Perform work that is varied and complex,under minimal supervision.
· Understand the basic functions of documentationcontrol, document preservation and computer filing
· Annotate and verify all numericaldesignations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, usingboth CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
· Assist in ongoing project to standardizeand unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparingpresentation materials as necessary
· Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering
with 4+ year or Diploma in Mechanical Engineering with 8+ years of design and
drafting experience in Pump or related industry.
· Hands on experience on 2D and 3D CAD tools
(AutoCAD mechanical / Autodesk Inventor/ PTC Creo/ SolidWorks)
· Experience in creating drawings for
manufacturing product, technical manuals and publications
· Should be familiar with manufacturing
processes and working knowledge on patterns, castings, welding and machining
· Knowledge on database management tools
such as PTC Windchill, Autodesk Vault 2012 and any ERP/PLM is preferred.
· Good ability to read and understand
· Good engineering, business, verbal and written
· Ability to handle frequent change in priorities and
handling multiple tasks.
· Good interpersonal skills.
· Good computer skills including general Microsoft
applications and e-mail.
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 10%
Primary Posting Location: Chennai, India
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Engineer
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Auto req ID: 46058BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.