Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Cormano, Italy
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
• Serve as the driving force for Flowserve seals and auxiliary products in the OEM market. Develop and maintain relationships with OEM Customers, and processes that proactively support the use of our seal and auxiliary products in the OEM market.
• Provide technical selections for mechanical seals and relevant auxiliary systems, and pricing in response to request for quotations (RFQ's) from the Flowserve Pumps Organization in the required time frame.
• Interact with Flowserve departments as needed to support the quotation process
• Complete Engineering/Contract review of Purchase Order (PO) prior to entering data into the business systems for seals and auxiliary products. Clarify with customer any unclear or inaccurate information on the PO in a prompt manner.
• Ensure EIS records for seals and auxiliary product orders are entered cleanly.
• Ensure seal and auxiliary product orders are entered into the business system within a clearly specified time frame from receipt/clarification.
• Work with the OEMs to identify opportunities for seal standardization; develop ‘seal product standards that are pump product specific with list pricing, seal drawings, etc.
• Maintain the global projects tracking tools constantly updated
• Actively participate and complete all selected company sponsored trainings as scheduled.
• Carry out any other duties as directed by the Supervisor
• Bachelor of Science Mechanical Engineering or equivalent technical degree is required.
• Working experience as an Applications Engineer in a technical/engineering role is preferred.
• Working knowledge of rotating equipment (particularly seals/pumps) is strongly recommended.
• Fluency in Italian and English language (verbal and written) is required; additional language skills will be to the candidate's advantage.
• French can be a plus.
• Be customer and service focused, flexible and open to change.
• Must have good oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skils.
• Must be a self starter that is able to work with minimum supervision and have the ability to organize and prioritize responsibilities.
• Must have good commercial awareness related to product selection and the commercial impact.
• Computer literate (Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
The contract will be initially 12 months aimed to be transformed into permanent contract at the end of the year
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Applications Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Primary Posting Location: Cormano, Italy
Job Posting Category: Sales
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: No
Auto req ID: 45944BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.