Flowserve Corporation EH&S Manager in Coslada, Spain
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
This position will provide full time environmental health and safety support to Flowserve operations in Coslada, and will ensure that all practices are in compliance with Flowserve´s SHEA policy and local regulatory requirements. The SHEA Manager will support Management in the development and coordination of all SHEA activities, building a robust safety culture for the entire operations.
§ Formal university and bachelor's degree, or equivalent combination of education.
§ Certified Safety specialist/Master according to Spanish regulation.
§ At least 7 years of experience in similar role (at least 2 years managing people)
§ Environmental career priority
§ 3-5 years’ experience in Industry and manufacturing company
§ Experience in international company preferably US culture
§ Fluent in English and Spanish
§ Good knowledge about Legal National Safety and Environmental regulations and European Directives implementation, willing to remain up to date on these legal matters.
§ ISO 14001/ ISO 45001/OSHA 18001 standards compliance knowledge required.
· Practice safe working techniques and reinforce the safety policies, guidelines, and procedures as set out by the Company.
· Reinforce correct environmental procedures and safety behavior of employees in order to meet Safety, Health and Environmental Affairs objectives, i.e., attempting to deal with the constant “dilemma” of “safety vs. production.”
· Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee/supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach.
· Report on weekly basis SHEA matters to the Company including conference calls.
· Organize SHEA committee frequently to inspection, meeting, risk assessment, plan and implement corrective or preventative actions, and follows up to ensure implementation
· Responsible for planning and implement SHEA policy and procedure in compliance with local regulations and Flowserve global SHEA policy and procedures.
· Assist in the identification of possible losses; evaluating the risk in such loss exposure; developing and implementing a plan to correct or prevent a loss and audit the plan to ensure its effectiveness.
· Provide advice, assist, and audit line management to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working.
· Assist with maintaining the Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans & Procedures.
· Review accidents and incidents which occur in the area of responsibility and conduct field audits, reporting and managing the corrective actions.
· Plans and implements programs to train all employees on SHEA practices, fire prevention, hazards, special equipment management- Work with other department employees to identify SHEA risk and notify in whole company. Provides SHEA signs, posters, PPE required, etc
· Lead the Emergency Response Team and comply with all Company policies and procedures.
· Provide data and support documents for customer required prequalification questionnaires.
· Monitor completion data to assure associates are current with all required safety training for Flowserve and our customers
· Comply with ISO 14001 standard by monitoring environmental goals and updating all support documentation and data for annual audits.
Job Posting Category:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Primary Posting Location:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.