Flowserve Corporation Senior Accounts Payable Accountant (English speaker) in Debrecen, Hungary
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for an English speaking Senior Accounts Payable Accountant who will be based in Debrecen, Hungary, and will be part of the start-up of a Shared Service Center for our $4.5B global U.S.- based company. As part of our long-term vision for the Flowserve Shared Service model, the Debrecen facility may potentially accommodate up to 400 employees over the next 3-5 years. This center will serve the North American and EMEA regions. Scope of work of the center will be Order to Cash, Purchase to Pay, Record to Report and other functions. The Accounts payable group is expected to grow to around 100 people.
• Review and verify invoices and check requests.
• Sort, code and match invoices.
• Process vendor invoices up for payment.
• Track expenses and process expense reports.
• Prepare and perform check runs.
• Post transactions to journals, ledgers and other records.
• Reconcile accounts payable transactions.
• Prepare reconciliation and analysis of accounts.
• Monitor accounts to ensure payments are up to date.
• Research and resolve invoice discrepancies and issues.
• Maintain vendor files.
• Correspond with vendors procurement and respond to inquiries.
• Produce monthly reports.
• Assist with month end closing.
• Bachelor's Degree required, finance degree or Business degree preferred.
• 5 plus years AP or general accounting experience.
• Prior knowledge of accounts payable.
• Knowledge of general accounting procedures a plus.
• Experience using Payables software.
• Proficient in data entry and management.
• Ability to cultivate effective relationships with partners.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English language
• Further language skill is an advantage.
• Strong bias for action and ability to proactively recognize and resolve issues.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Senior Accounts Payable Accountant (English speaker)
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Finance & Accounting
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.