Flowserve Corporation Applications Engineer in Edmonton, Canada
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence. Flowserve also provides its customers unequaled engineering and technical support with the industry’s most progressive hydraulics, mechanical, materials, monitoring and diagnostics capabilities.
Flowserve welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Flowserve is looking for an inside Application Engineer. This position is will be based out of our Edmonton, Alberta facility. The candidate will be responsible for providing engineering support on all aspects of the Flowserve Valve Business including sales support, standardization, custom engineered products, operations, and quality.
The Applications Engineer’s primary functions are to review customer request for quote and generate technical proposals; review customer purchase order and job specifications and generate engineering requirements for drawing and Bill of Material creation; review customer purchase order and generate manufacturing requirements via sales order drafts; facilitate the inspection and/or product failure analysis of returned products and to provide technical support to customers direct or through responsible sales engineer.
· Size and select control valves for the petrochemical, refining, and power industries.
· Ability to interpret valve specification sheets and P&ID schematics.
· Prepare written proposal outlining equipment offered, technical details/exceptions to specifications, and commercial details. Preparation of P&ID's and filling out customer datasheets will be required.
· Skills required are analyzing applications to make proper selections of machinery, diagnose and troubleshoot system problems.
· Ability to correctly size and select control valves and apply severe service solutions,
· Troubleshoot valve problems and provide customers with valid and cost-effective solutions.
· Provide technical quotations, enter resulting purchase orders, and follow through to completion while proactively communicating with management and customers.
· Prepare accurate cost estimate and develop selling price along with Regional Sales Managers and Management, as applicable.
· Form interpersonal relationships with your assigned set of customers.
· Be extremely detailed oriented and able to work in a quick paced environment, while prioritizing daily requests and balancing customers' requirements.
· Effectively determine market and industry trends, competitive landscape, and customer activity, and present that information to outside sales representatives and management.
· Work closely with manufacturing and production to ensure order correctness and on-time delivery.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or four to six years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Time management skills are essential as work load normally exceeds available time.
• Ability to organize and prioritize workload
• Able to work effectively with difficult people and under tight timelines.
• Experience with Microsoft Office; Word and Excel
• Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work well in a team–oriented environment.
• Demonstrates behavior that contributes to a team environment, decision making, problem solving, and continuous improvement
• Strong mechanical aptitude and technical writing skills.
• Must have a strong customer focus and project a positive corporate image.
• Must be a team player, able to problem-solve and work constructively with customers and co-workers.
• Travel is typically less than 5%
· Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering is preferred
· Experience using Oracle is preferred
· Experience of how to build valves and calibrate positioners
· Technical knowledge of fluids, corrosion, erosion, materials, valve specifications, engineering drawings.
Job Posting/Business Card Title:
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required:
Primary Posting Location:
Job Posting Category:
Auto req ID:
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.