Flowserve Corporation CNC Machinist 2nd Shift *$1000 Signing Bonus* in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is looking for an experienced, skilled CNC machinist to program and operate a 4-axis Mazak VCU 410B mill, and to machine stainless steel parts and components used in the assembly of close tolerance mechanical seals. We have a strong focus on quality workmanship. The machinist will verify the quality of finished work with precision measurement tools and will meet quality and productivity metrics.
We work as a team, and the machinist will collaborate with engineers, CNC programmers, and other machinists to troubleshoot problems and recommend solutions.
In this position, you will:
Set up jobs and operate a Mazak mill
Identify tooling and fixture requirements in advance of jobset up.
Verify the quality of finished work using precisionmeasurement tools, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of specificationsand workmanship.
Meet production goals relating to efficiency, schedules, andscrap/rework.
Clean and maintain machines and tools and keep an organizedworkspace.
Actively participate in the maintenance and troubleshootingof the CNC equipment.
Record accurate, timely data on computer-basedsystems.
Know all cell flow concepts and put them into practice.Apply an understanding of the process flow of documents, materials, and partsthrough the manufacturing process.
Work closely with other machinists to discuss and solveproblems relating to repairs and equipment.
Collaborate with inventory workers and engineers to statusand discuss work-in-progress.
This is a 4x10 schedule, Monday thru Thursday 2nd shift position: 4:30pm to 3:30am. The selected candidate will be awarded a US$1,000.00 signing bonus in addition to the offer packet and benefits!
· A minimum of 2 years of experience operating and programming a Mazak CNC mill, more experience highly valued.
· Experience with Mazak control language and an understanding of Espirit or similar programming software.
· Able to consistently work a second shift position with additional overtime as required.
· Expertise in machining with any metal is required, but 300-series stainless steel and other materials such as Hastelloy C276, Monel 400, iron nickel and high chrome alloys is highly preferred.
· Experience in using and interpreting precision measuring instruments, including micrometers, dial indicators, depth gauges, CMM machines, optical comparators, and bar gauges.
· Experience with G & M codes; working knowledge of machine tooling and processing
· Experience reading blueprints
· Standing for long times required, repetitive arm motions, frequent lifting of 25 lbs with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
· High School diploma or equivalent.
· Personal commitment to quality workmanship, with an ability to assess and explain quality concerns.
· Be able to accurately and consistently follow detailed procedures in order.
· Must have an eye for detail, so as to check drawings, part numbers, and materials, and to correctly complete routers and other paperwork.
· Work collaboratively as part of a team, showing a professional attitude and a service-oriented mindset in a fast-paced, flexible environment.
· Demonstrated track record of reliable, on-time attendance, able to work overtime as required.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: CNC Machinist 2nd Shift $1000 Signing Bonus
Primary Posting Location: Rancho Dominguez, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 45135BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.