Flowserve Corporation Field Service Technician in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Field Service Technician is the site liaison with the customer. This role will perform troubleshooting and repair and travel to customer sites to repair equipment, provide startup assistance, installation of new equipment, and customer training, as required. FST will tear down and repair pumps, when not traveling. This position impacts very heavily on future sales for Flowserve since prompt, efficient service is one of the most effective sales tools.
The Field Service Technician duties include, but not limited to:
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment at customer site
• Troubleshoot fieldbus network problems, safety circuits, and sequence
• Analyze, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions
• Convert between standard and metric dimensions and values
• Pump and system start-up assistance
• Recognize manufacturing and/or engineer errors and be able to make recommendations for corrections and improvements. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Coordinate and oversee site installations of new equipment (component assembly, installation, alignment, leveling)
• Interpret machine and system layout drawings to include electrical schematics, P&ID’s and wiring diagrams
• Start-up and commission new SIHI equipment at site
Must possess a high school diploma or equivalent
5+ years mechanical experience
Electrical wiring experience
Understand the requirements and safety aspects related to high voltage feeds and distribution
Familiar with Canbus, Modbus, Profibus and simple I/O communications
Operate hand power tools and measurement tools
Able to travel 70% of the time once training period is completed
Ability to work in a team atmosphere
Able to travel internationally
Experience with pumps and vacuum processes
Primary Posting Location: Rancho Dominguez, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Field Service Technician
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 70%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 45915BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.