Flowserve Corporation Pump Repair Estimator in Rancho Dominguez, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
The Pump Repair Estimator quotes and schedules the service and repair of API engineered pumps and equipment. The Estimator ensures that quotes, orders, parts, repair, and service plans align to meet customer deadlines. Duties include:
• Generating repair scopes and routers for the shop, and working with the supervisor to ensure that the DCI (disassembly, cleaning, and inspection) process is moving as scheduled
• Making sure that pump inspections are completed and reviewed
• Developing financial quotes for repairs after reviewing inspection data, purchase orders, Bills of Material, and shop capacity
• Coordinating with Purchasing to schedule outside services, such as sandblasting and non-destructive tests
• Working with Engineering to propose upgrades
• Checking customer purchase orders for the correct data to initiate work
• Reviewing and resolving changes in Bills of Material for orders in production
• Collaborating with sales, operations, engineers, and customers on a wide range of issues, including requirements, technical challenges, and quotations
• 3+ years of relevant industrial experience is required, ideally in the repair of pumps in an aftermarket setting
• B.S. Mechanical Engineering is valued. Experience with centrifugal pumps in the oil and power industries will be considered in lieu of a degree
• Strong understanding of how materials and parts flow through the shop
• Ability to interpret industry standards, technical drawings, and manufacturing procedures.
• Strong user of Microsoft Office programs.
• Experience working with proposal templates and work routers desired.
• Track record of maintaining focus and order in a fast-paced environment to complete a high volume of work to specific deadlines
• Exhibit consistent accuracy and thoroughness in the details of data entry and paperwork
• Clear and positive communication skills to work successfully face-to-face, on the phone, and by email
• Must be able to problems solve effectively with others while driving toward results and customer satisfaction
• Able to work overtime and weekends as required
Primary Posting Location: Rancho Dominguez, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Pump Repair Estimator
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Logistics
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 47240BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.