Flowserve Corporation Project Manager in Singapore, Singapore
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone!
TheM&T AMSS Project Manager is responsible for overseeing and executingassigned Marketing & Technology (M&T) Product and TechnologyDevelopment projects and pilots, consistent with the strategy of Flowserve’s AftermarketServices & Solutions (AMSS) group under the Project Management Organization(PMO). The M&T AMSS Project Manager shall advise leadership and/or businessexecutives about the status and resource loading of assigned M&T projectsacross the company.
The M&T AMSS Project Manager will proactively plan, direct, control andensure the successful outcome of M&T projects and pilots focusing ontechnology development for Digital Products and Internet of Things (IoT) initiatives. They shall utilize the assigned projectteams, standards, best practices, and toolsets established within the FlowserveM&T AMSS PMO.
The position shall support the efforts of the PMO in identifying, developing,evaluating, and improving project management methods and processes that areefficient, effective and meet good business practice, while maintainingcompliance with Flowserve policies regarding the execution, oversight andgovernance of M&T projects.
Nature and Scope:
• Oversee and execute 5 to 10 projects at a time, as assigned by the Managementof the M&T AMSS PMO
• Manage 5 to 10 matrix reports (per project)
· Provide project leadership that encourages team enthusiasm and innovation.
· Apply/Communicate project management standards and best practices.
· Ensure compliance of project execution with Flowserve policies regarding execution of R&D projects, including, but not limited to:
· Ensuring the completeness of a business case justifying each project, and a project charter to define the scope and ensuring a high quality of requirements definition
· Ensuring that Gate Reviews are conducted according to the standardized expectations for completion by phase
· Ensuring that individual project budgets reconcile with the overall approved budget and forecasted R&D spend
· Identifying risks and opportunities within the project environment and using integrated change management to manage control the outcomes to the benefit of the project and Flowserve
· Identify, seek approval for, and coordinate the assignment of internal and external Flowserve resources and expertise as appropriate to achieve project objectives
· For assigned projects, act through the project core team to define, manage and control;
Project documentation & lessons learned
· Provide strategic direction to project teams as well as tactically manage the day to day project execution and communications
· Collaborate with functional managers in the supervision of project personnel, which includes work allocation, training, and problem resolution; evaluates performance and makes recommendations for personnel actions
· Ensure that assigned Flowserve R&D projects are proceeding according to timelines, meeting targets and expectations, and adhering to established operating parameters; negotiates changes in project resources as necessary to achieve objectives and timelines
· Advise leadership and/or business executives at the highest levels about the status and issues of assigned projects
· Work within an enthusiastic team to further refine Flowserve project management philosophies, capabilities, processes and tools
· Perform at all times in accordance within the ethics and diversity policies of Flowserve
· Provide AMSS PMO Plan view support for projects, pilots & portfolios
· Help in training AMSS Project managers and team members in regards to Planview utilization
Minimum 3-5 years of combined product development & project management experience supporting advanced technology development.
Education: Bachelor's degree is required, Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, or Mechatronics Engineering, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management
Proven track record of delivering projects on time and within budget
Excellent estimating, scheduling & budget management skills
Ability to independently identify and resolve project issues
Proven experience in influencing and leading
Proven experience in risk management
Proven experience in change management
Proven experience in contract management preferred
Excellent presentation, oral and written English language communication skills, including meeting and workshop facilitation experience (German languate skills a plus)
Excellent team-building, problem-solving, and conflict resolution skills
Enthusiasm, positive energy; highly motivated
Proficient in project management software (Planview, Primavera, Clarity, or others)
Certifications: PMP® or other equivalent certification highly recommended
Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as necessary to perform project management duties (up to 30%)
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Project Manager
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 30%
Primary Posting Location: Singapore, Singapore
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Auto req ID: 47524BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.