Flowserve Corporation Welder - 2nd Shift in Taneytown, Maryland
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Who we are:
To help solve the biggest flow-control challenges, customers worldwide rely on the manufacturing, engineering, project management and service expertise of Flowserve.
Our history began more than 200 years ago, and today, Flowserve employs over 17,500 associates as diverse as our 300+ locations around the world. We offer more than 100 distinct pump models and a wide range of valve and seal products, in addition to engineering services and aftermarket support for almost any application our clients can imagine. Snow machines for the Winter Olympics, flood control for the Netherlands, expanding renewable-energy adoption with molten-salt applications in China – we’ve done it.
At Flowserve, our teams don’t just make and sell pumps, valves and seals. Together, we create extraordinary flow-control solutions to make the world better for everyone.
Our Taneytown, MD Pump Manufacturing facility is over 150,000 square feet and provides capability for engineering, design, customer service, machining, assembly, and testing for a diverse product portfolio, which serves all markets (power, oil & gas, water resources, general industry, and chemical). The facility has expanded four times since opening in 1971 to accommodate revenue growth and product line developments. The staff of approximately 230 are provided a unique environment, where the entire project lifecycle is experienced all under the same roof.
Following Flowserve approved procedures, the candidate must be able to interpret various engineered weld and manufacturing drawings and perform the following welding applications to XRAY quality standards, on fillet, groove, and open root girth welds using GTAW, SMAW, SAW, and GMAW on metal forgings, plate, castings and pipe made from various types of metals in all positions and with semi- automated core welding processes.
- Use approved welding processes to perform various welding tasks, such as joining pieces of similar and sometimes dissimilar metals, weld pipe to forgings and castings, weld overlays, excavate and weld repair, etc.
· Pipe fitting and fabrication of components to engineered drawings
· Safe fixturing and handling of large and or heavy materials in and out of welding, lifting and transport
· equipment to include hoists, cranes, fork lifts, turn-tables, pipe rollers, stands, lathes, V-blocks, etc.
· Operate overhead and jib cranes to lift and move heavy parts.
· Move materials and parts to and from work areas via power lift trucks and fork trucks.
· Possess the ability to learn additional job functions within the facility (e.g. Pre-Engineered Assembly, Painting, Hydro, and Other miscellaneous duties as needed).
· Trade school or equivalent post high school training
· ASME, ASTM Welder qualifications
· Experience identifying discontinuities and/or defects within welds using visual examination such as Liquid Penetrant, Magnetic Particle or UT testing
· Ability to work in a team oriented and CIP environment
· Ability to read and interpret instructions and drawings
· Ability to read and comprehend scale
· Ability to read and comprehend precision measuring equipment
· Ability to use a wide variety of hand, power and air tools
· Ability to follow complex verbal and written instructions
· Must be able to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs
· Ability to work 2nd shift evening hours – Monday thru Thursday 3:30pm-2am
· Ability to work overtime as required
· Possess basic computer skills
· Good mechanical ability and manual dexterity is essential (able to stand for long periods of time)
· Must have a strong work ethic and be able to follow proper safety procedures and guidelines
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Flowserve company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Welder - 2nd Shift
Primary Posting Location: Taneytown, Maryland US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 46588BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.