Flowserve Corporation Mechanical Engineering Intern R&D in Temecula, California
If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people, your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your opportunity for professional development and industry leading rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the world better for everyone.
Flowserve is seeking an undergraduate mechanical engineering student to work part-time in Temecula, CA, where we design and manufacture mechanical seals. The Intern will receive competitive compensation and practical hands on experience working side-by side with Flowserve R&D engineers. Technical areas of interest include fluid dynamics, heat transfer, statics and dynamics, materials, and laser manufacturing. The position will start as soon as posisble in the winter/ spring term and we expect it to run into the summer. The hours will be during week-day business hours. This position must be able to work part time during this semester and summer in Temecula, CA.
• Must be currently enrolled Mechanical Engineering student at a university within driving distance of Temecula, CA. Junior, Senior, or Masters’ standing. No recent graduates, or undergraduate freshmen or sophomores.
• Must be able to demonstrate legal right to work in the United States
• Must pass drug screen and background check before the start of employment
• Strong mechanical interest and aptitude; some exposure to engineering drawings and blueprints
• Microsoft Office proficiency required
• FEA, ANSYS, AutoCAD, Matlab, C+ languages valued
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Good interpersonal skills to analyze and resolve problems
• Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
• Self-directed and organized with a strong work ethi
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Mechanical Engineering Intern R&D
Primary Posting Location: Temecula, California US
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 0%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Part time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 48578BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.