Flowserve Corporation Project Engineer in Temecula, California
Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more than 18,000 employees in more than 55 countries, we combine our global reach with a local presence.
Flowserve is seeking a mechanical engineer to work in the Applied Technical Solutions (ATS) team at the Temecula Tech Hub. The Engineer will execute project work regarding the design of mechanical seals. The Engineer will collaborate with sales engineers, design engineers, and lab personnel to provide accurate, competitive, and timely engineered solutions that bring value to our customers through innovative design, consulting, and field service.
The primary responsibility of the position will be project engineering. The engineer will be responsible for developing project schedules, scopes, and budgets, then executing to the developed plan. Different projects may include customer testing, product development, and continuous improvement initiatives. The engineer will design assemblies, piping plans, and process control systems while executing projects to the test plans and project charters.
The engineer may be asked to support the ATS team workload by conducting advanced engineering analyses with primary design authority on high-duty mechanical seal applications. Flowserve is seeking an individual with a passion for Lean Manufacturing principles who will challenge current work processes to improve efficiencies, while executing projects to plan.
The ideal candidate will embody Flowserve’s core values: People, Safety, Integrity, Innovation, Ownership and Excellence. Flowserve is looking for a candidate who is driven by a team environment and desires a culture of open communication and team success.
· B.S. in Mechanical Engineering required
· Over 2 years of experience building a knowledge base of the design, materials, and operational requirements of rotating equipment, with a solid understanding of fluid dynamics
· Familiarity with 3D CAD systems, ANSYS, CFD, FEA desired
· Demonstrated aptitude for solving problems with complex engineering analyses, leading to technically-sound conclusions
· Strong customer focus by being responsive to requests for information, taking ownership of problems, and driving to full customer satisfaction
· Demonstrated track record of working collaboratively in teams
· Effective oral and written communication skills with an ability to translate technical discussions to all levels of an organization
· Experience in creating and presenting technical briefings with a professional, competent approach
· Good organizational skills, able to establish priorities and meet specific deadlines
Primary Posting Location: Temecula, California US
Job Posting/Business Card Title: Project Engineer
Percentage of Approximate Travel Required: 5%
Job Posting Category: Engineering/R&D
Employment Type: Full time
Relocation Eligible: Yes
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 45458BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your subject line of your email. For more information, read the Accessibility Process.